Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Cloth Diaper Update


Cloth Diapering has become quite the adventure! I have talked with a lot of women and am finally developing the hang of it! 

Here is our stash so far: 
Three Thirsties All-in-Ones

Seven Sunbabies with hemp inserts

And this really cute, fuzzy green with white stars one that a woman from Facebook gave us for FREE! So sweet of her! 

We had a little setback because it turns out Landon is allergic to Country Save detergent. 

It kind of freaked me out that he was allergic to the diapers, but the rash is all over his legs and on his chest too. 

Poor little booty. 

So I spent yesterday stripping all of his diapers, and rewashing all of his clothes. I've got him back in cloth diapers and he seems to be doing okay. Whew! 

Rashes make me really nervous for some reason, and Landon is like the rashiest kid ever! Between eczema and the weird bumps he has on his forearms, I should be used to it by now. I always get nervous when I see a new rash. When this one first popped up, I had no idea what it was. I'd also used a series of new diaper rash creams that day. 

 
Oh man. I need to slow down... Start using one new thing at a time. Ain't nobody got time for that!! Haha! 

I am really hoping to get a few more cloth diapers. I have a friend who said she would give us some of hers which would be amazing! Right now I've pretty much got laundry going continuously. It would be so nice to have a little break. Hopefully we will be getting our diaper pail soon (it got mailed to my old address, so I'm really hoping that those kids are honest and actually call me when it gets there). I desperately need more wet bags! I have one, which is being used like my pail.. So I'm just using grocery bags as my on the go wet bag. It'll be nice to get everything situated. 

I'm hoping to get a few night time diapers as well. I'll be on the hunt for these things once our finances stabilize. We are the brokest we've been. People have been so wonderfully generous lately, and I am beyond grateful. I can't wait to get a chance to blog about that specifically! We are blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment