Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Small Group, Large Amounts of Baby Food

What happens when you get four Moms, four babies, and a bunch of fruits and veggies together? 

This. 


And this. (Left to Right, Lyla Jo, Landon, Jude, and Eli) 


I love it! And I really love my small group from Mill City Church! Our numbers have dwindled down this summer, but even with just four of us we had a very successful baby food making party! We each brought a fruit and a vegetable (I brought two veggies because I only had two pears). We all sort of took turns watching babies, drinking coffee and eating homemade scones (thanks Lindsey!) and washing, chopping, and steaming fruits and veggies. Together we had sweet potatoes, butternut squash, bananas, peaches, pears, apples, raspberries, broccoli, peas, and cauliflower. What a wonderful outcome we had!! 

Food prep.

We seriously had so much fun! It makes my heart so happy for Landon to have friends and getting to watch them grow and their little personalities come out! What a blessing! 

So my forgetful self had forgot the ice cube trays, so I ended up just having to use plastic bags to put stuff in. I came home and filled up our two trays. I still have a lot leftover! 
I mixed and matched. Broccoli/cauliflower. Peach/raspberry. Apple/banana. Etc etc. 

Since Landon doesn't eat baby food too much anymore, I plan on busting out our beloved Yummi Pouches! 
I can probably fit about two ice cubes in there. This will be so great to just throw the cubes in when we're on the go this summer, and let them thaw in my purse while we're out and about. These are seriously soooo convenient now that Landon has figured them out! 

Of course the little stinker has also discovered that he can squeeze it out onto the floor and play with it. My oh my. Oh well. Messes are fun! As long as I remember to keep him off the carpet! :) 

Anyway, great day with a great group of people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment