Friday, May 30, 2014

Lil Head Organics: Local, Organic Baby Food

A few months ago, I went to a MOBA (Mom Owned Business Association) event at the Lincoln Center. I stopped by a booth and had a nice chat with the owner of Lil Head Organics, a local organic baby food business that delivers fresh, organic additive-free baby food directly to your doorstep! Although I thought it was a brilliant idea, it was a little out of my price range. Then a few weeks ago, there was an online auction for a little girl with a head injury. I bid on the Lil Head Organics startup package and I won! I got a STEAL! I am so excited to get to utilize this awesome, local business!  

It totally escaped my mind that today was delivery day, so it what a lovely surprise when I went to take the dog for a walk and there on our door step was our cooler and first baby food delivery! 

Those coolers are pretty sweet, but what's sweeter? What's inside! 
Peaches and beets! 

And a little green pouch! 

Since it'd been out there so long (they deliver between 4AM and 6AM) it was a little melty. No big deal, I spooned some peaches into the pouch for Landon and he devoured it! I'd say it was definitely a great investment and we will continue buying fruit from them! 

If you're interested in checking out the company, please visit lilheadorganics.com. They offer several different options of fruits and vegetables and are working on adding more. I would highly recommend them! Plus there's nothing better than supporting a local, sustainable business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment