Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day: My First

I love this kid. If he would just learn to sleep I really do think he would be the perfect baby. I guess we just can't win them all. ;) 

It's been a pretty wonderful Mother's Day so far. Jay got up and cleaned the house while I just lounged around in my pajamas (which I'm still doing, by the way). Then he went and got The Egg and I and came home with flowers, my favorite coffee (Allegro Early Bird Blend, whole beans for the French press), and carrot cake from Whole Foods! Yes, I'm in heaven. To top it off, I even got a nap! SCORE! Yep, I really don't think today could get much better. The only thing I'd change is the weather. This snow storm is pretty yucky. 



On a sentimental note, motherhood has been pretty dang incredible. That might even be an understatement. Pregnancy destroyed me. I had a lot to overcome during those nine months in order to be a suitable mother. By the grace of God, and literally it is by His grace alone, I was able to do it. This amazing little soul was born, and he salvaged me. He took this broken, isolated, scared person that I was and made me come alive. He has been my joy, my delight, my strength, and taught me of a pure, selfless, unconditional love. He is my everything. He is my joy. He is my delight. 


I am so in love with this little human being. 


No comments:

Post a Comment